Here in Texas, it might not turn into a literal winter wonderland with snow and ice, but we do know how to create our own. If you’re looking for some great places to see Christmas lights in Amarillo, check out these five great locations.
- Christmas in the Gardens. Visit the Amarillo Botanical Gardens to see over 300,000 lights across the four-acre garden. The lights are on every night through December 23rd, from 6-8pm.
- Enchanted Acres Drive the Lights. Stay warm in your car as you drive through Enchanted Acres horse farm’s 300,000 LED lights. It costs $10 per car and is open 6-9pm through December 31st.
- Town Square Village. This brand new development has been decorated with 400,000 lights through the main intersections. Stop by any night, but just know there are light shows on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.
- Wolflin neighborhood. Start near Washington Street and 34th and drive through this neighborhood. The residents usually do a great job decorating with some of the best residential lights in the area.
- Gainsbourough Drive. Nearly every single house on this street is decorated to the nines for the holidays, which is how it got the name Candy Cane Lane. The weekends can be a bit crazy, so try to drive through on a weeknight.
What is your favorite spot to see Christmas lights in Amarillo?